Properties in Malthouse Road, Stansted, Kent

This page lists the properties located in Malthouse Road when travelling from St Marys Church towards Ash.  
Please contact the Society should you have further information on any of the properties listed.

Stansted House

Originally built in the early 1920s as three farm cottages and converted to a family house in 1972 by Ivor Stoneham.

Grange Park School

The purpose-built church primary school opened in 1874 and was extended in 1906 and 2004.  It closed in 2015 before being purchased by the Parish and reopening as a school for children with autism in 2019.

1 Seagrove Cottages

These two properties were built in 1921 as farm workers cottages by Sir Gerald Hohler who lived at Court Lodge.

2 Seagrove Cottages

These two properties were built in 1921 as farm workers cottages by Sir Gerald Hohler who lived at Court Lodge.

Compass Cottage

Built in the mid-1920s by Sir Gerald Hohler who lived at Court Lodge.

Ridgelands

Built in the mid-1920s by Sir Gerald Hohler who lived at Court Lodge.

Stansted Village Hall

Erected in 1966 the Village Hall was previously the building that housed the Longfield Telephone Exchange.

Sewage Pumping Station

Mains sewerage was provided to Stansted between 1976 and 1979 and the pumping station would have been built at that time. It is now operated by Thames Water.

Almond Cottage

Almond Cottage and Martin Hill Cottage were built in the mid-1920s by Sir Gerald Hohler who lived at Court Lodge.

Martin Hill Cottage

Almond Cottage and Martin Hill Cottage were built in the mid-1920s by Sir Gerald Hohler who lived at Court Lodge.

Water Treatment Works

A water pumping and treatment works operated by South East Water.

Malthouse Cottage

Originally two separate dwellings that were part of the Malthouse it was separated as one dwelling in the 1980s.

The Old Malthouse

A Grade II listed oak-framed building which dates from the 17th century or earlier. It was originally 5 or 6 dwellings.

Woodlands

The original bungalow on this site pre-dates the first aerial photograph of 1940 and has been much upgraded since.

Seafield

Originally a single storey pre-fab style bungalow that pre-dates 1940, the present two-storey house was created in 2011.

Smallholding (Berry's Maple)

The small-holding area was created from a field in 2018.