Residential properties - Fairseat Lane (Ridley)

This page lists the properties located in Fairseat Lane when travelling towards Hodsoll Street from Fairseat.  The boundary between the parishes of Stansted and Ash-cum-Ridley is mid-way down Fairseat Lane where footpaths MR202/SD253 cross the road and the properties in Ash-cum-Ridley have been included for completeness.  Fairseat Lane was originally named Horns Lodge Road.
Please get in touch with the Society should you have further information on any property listed.

Woodside

This property is in the Parish of Ash-cum-Ridley

Sunnymede

This property is in the Parish of Ash-cum-Ridley

Primrose Cottage

A semi-detached property built in 1910, Primrose Cottage was originally called Ivanhoe, presumably from the novels by Sir Walter Scott as nearby properties are named Waverley and Kenilworth. This property is in the Parish of Ash-cum-Ridley.

Kenilworth

This property is in the Parish of Ash-cum-Ridley

Ashgrove

This property is in the Parish of Ash-cum-Ridley

Curran Shaw

This property is in the Parish of Ash-cum-Ridley

Waverly

This property is in the Parish of Ash-cum-Ridley

Kirkbride

A detached rendered brick building whcih was significantly extended in the 1950s based on a smaller dwelling that is shown on maps from the 1930s. This property is in the Parish of Ash-cum-Ridley.

Willowburn

This property is in the Parish of Ash-cum-Ridley

Temeraire

This property is in the Parish of Ash-cum-Ridley

Horns Lodge

Horns Lodge is situated just outside of the Stansted Parish boundary within the Parish of Ash-Cum-Ridley. The property dates back to the 14th century when it was a two-room hunting lodge and in 1620 was extended to include a new chimney, an inglenook fireplace and somewhat larger rooms. The property was then used as a farmhouse and continued as such until 1890 when the property was sold to the Pettings Estate Company and used residentially. It was Grade II listed in 1982.