Local Fields and Woodland
This section contains photographs of local fields and woodland.
In 1841 as part of the process of moving from payment to the Church of Tithes (10% of produce) to Tithe Rent-Charges (cash payments), detailed maps of all land in the country were prepared. Tithe maps highlighting the original field and woodland names, together with ownership details, are available under Places>Maps>Tithe Maps
Although some field boundaries/hedges have been removed over the years the field pattern in the Parish is still largely the same as it was in 1841.
Where relevant, the reference number and the original 1841 name have been included in the captions for the various images in the photo gallery.