Stansted Church - Bell Restoration Booklet
On 9th June 1991 One hundred and fifty intrepid walkers accompanied the oldest bell in St Mary’s tower, named John and cast in 1420, back to Whitechapel Bell Foundry, a distance of 26 miles. The project involved the dismantling and removal of the existing bells, the installation of a new bell frame, a ringing gallery, and the casting of three new bells to create a ring of six. The booklet reproduced on this website page was published as a ‘Bell Pull – Special Edition’ of the Parish Notes. Please click on the image below to view the booklet.
Note: a pdf version of the booklet is available from the publications page.